Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
2012 National Conference on Geographic Education- Texas Teacher Special
Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 5:00 PM - Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 12:00 PM (PDT)
San Marcos, TX
Please note: If you are NOT a Texas Teacher you must visit www.ncge.org to registure for the 2012 Conference. This page is ONLY for Teachers in the State of Texas. If you have questions about this please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hundreds of geography educators (K-12 & University) and professionals from around the world will meet in San Marcos, Texas, October 4-7, 2012, to exchange ideas, research, resources, and best practices in geography education during the 2012 National Conference on Geographic Education.
This conference will mark the 97TH annual meeting of the NCGE, and while much has changed in the years since our very first meeting in 1915, the one thing that has not changed is the passion of our conference participants. NCGE is dedicated to expanding and improving geography education in U.S. schools and contributing to the development of highly qualified geography teachers. Attend the 2012 conference and connect with your GeoEd community.
Texas Teachers Only! Your ticket also includes a ticket to National Geographic's Teacher-Fest! National Geographic Teacher Fest! (AM Saturday 10/6) is an exciting hands-on, workshop especially designed for classroom teachers.
2012 Conference Info:
- Location: San Marcos, Texas
- Dates: October 4-7, 2012
- Hotel: Embassy Suites San Marcos Hotel Spa & Conference Center
- Address: 1001 E. McCarty Lane, San Marcos, TX 78666
At the 2012 Conference you can:
- Attend sessions, workshops and speaker sessions;
- Network and explore exhibits at our opening conference reception;
- Celebrate at the annual conference dinner & party;
- Attend the annual awards reception;
- Attend a wide range of Field Trips that will explore San Marcos and it's surrounding areas;
- Take classes from groups such as National Geographic, Google, Esri & AAG.
- Receive Graduate Credit,
- Receive discount hotel & airline rates
- K-12 Teachers;
- Private, State and Community College Professors;
- National & State Education Leaders;
- Geography Alliance Coordinators & Members from all 50 States;
- Organizers of State Geography Bees;
- Members of national, state, and local assessment committees; and
- Writers of national, state, and local standards and curricula.